Doing Technical and Blogging Technical are two sides of the same coin. Likewise website Performance Optimization and SEO are also the same. Google, “The God of Search Engine” writes the algorithm in such a way that both technical and non-technical aspects get their respective priorities. So the need is to keep your website performance’s basics right.
- Technical Performance is Base of the cake
As a Developer, Be sure of few things before developing a website or an application:
- The Server architecture: Decide Application, Database, and Caching Layers of your website/application.
- Database Modelling: Be sure to model the DB from a logical, functional, and relational Point of view.
- Choosing the best MVC/CMS model: For websites, you can count on WordPress. For application check these things before you kickstart:
- CakePHP :
- Pros: Active community; Cake Bakery (bakery. cakephp.org)
- Cons: Cake has very specific ways of doing things
- CodeIgniter :
- Pros: Speed; very lightweight; large active community, good documentation
- Cons: Can allow too much freedom in coding
- Pros: Good corporate software with longevity
- Cons: Design pattern concepts take time to grasp
- CakePHP :
- Installation of Mod_pagespeed: Pagespeed is a website optimization tool which minifies,rewrites assets of website and hashes it and delivers on frontend to users.
- Use of Varnish: Varnish is a HTTP acceleration software,which can be used to caching.
- Use of Content Delivery Network (CDN): CDN helps in delivering webpages and web contents from a distributed server based on your geographical location. So website load time decreases quite remarkably.
Website Optimization – How?
There are many tools available to optimize your website performance. Listing some of the tools briefly.
Pagespeed Insights: Try to be on the greener side of Insights. It has a chrome extension too.
GTMetrix: This will let you analyse pagespeed insights as well as YSlow parameters of website performance.
Tools Pingdom : This shows you load time and page size of your website. If you see green everywhere in the above two analysis tools then you will definitely get Pingdom.
Smush.it: Smush.it uses optimization techniques specific to image format to remove unnecessary bytes from image files. It is a “lossless” tool, which means it optimizes your images without hampering quality of your images.
So now you can decide which kind of cake you need: