We spoke to several business owners over the last 1 month, and we realized that they have several doubts over how SEO works and how an SEO strategy should be formulated.
Here we list Top 10 SEO questions businesses have and our answers. This will serve as a good reference material for anyone willing to learn more about SEO.
Top 10 SEO questions businesses have
1. Is there a time frame to get #1 in Google Ranking?
Ans: NO.Because –
Google #1 Rank depends upon:
2. Which keywords should I target to rank #1?
These keywords are known as “long tail keywords”.
Do not try to only rank for more competitive keywords which are 1 word or 2 word keywords. They are difficult to rank for, time consuming and will not yield benefits.
3. How do I know if my SEO is working?
Ans: Your average daily organic website visit rate has increased.
4. Is there a ball park count of daily website visit?
Ans: No, it depends upon your industry segment and niche. If the total number of monthly searches in your niche is around 500 for a particular keyword, then if you rank #1 for that keyword, you can expect around 205 visitors in a month.
5. My website is not coming to #1. Does that mean my SEO is not effective
Ans: Wrong. Instead of obsessing over #1 ranking, focus on:
6. SEO can be done in 2-3 months and then I do not need to worry right?
7. My site visits have increased but I do not get any conversions? Why?
Ans: There could be several reasons for that:
8. How do I avoid such a situation?
9. How should I prioritize my SEO tasks?
Ans: It is always best to talk to an SEO expert to help you plan out the SEO execution bit.
SEO is a holistic process. As such, doing one activity over the other will not get you quick success.
However, if you do need to prioritize, focus on:
10. Can I compete with a US based company sitting in India for Google Rankings?